093

093

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Medical leave

So the adventure to get myself repaired is under way.  Thanks to the county I have acquired insurance, and for that I am grateful.  I have been In need of medical attention for years and couldn't figure out how to pay for it.
I had an embarrassing household accident a few years ago that severely impaired my ability to walk.  As an unemployed male in the beginning of the 21st century my first thought was how do I pay for it.  It took a while to figure it out and enter into the bureaucracy that allows medical marvels to happen.

It is possible that I am an impatient person.  I want results yesterday I know that this is unrealistic.  I went to what they call my primary care physician.  She gave me painkillers and a walker and a referral to a pain clinic that would take my insurance and sent me on my way.

That's when the fun started.  The first clinic did not take my insurance.  I called the doctor and she gave me another number.  This time that took my insurance but couldn't give me an appointment until June .  The referral is only good for 90 days, so now I'm back on the phone with my doctor.  I'm going to have to tell her flat out that I don't need pain control.  I need x-rays and probably surgery.


BTW the pain clinic that gave me the June appointment is only open 1 day a week for 3 hours and only takes 2 new patients a week.  That's some shifty doctorin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment