093

093

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Reality: What a concept!

Okay...I just finished watching "Dead Poet's Society" and cried two or three times.  This film wasn't for laughs.  I probably should have watched The Birdcage.  It seems to me that Robin Williams always portrayed people who were just a little bit said.   I'm sure there are exceptions but all my faves, there is a dark undercurrent to the character or at least in the plot.

There are those that claim he made sappy films where he played Mr. Nice Guy, but I think that's too much of a generalization.  He was always memorable, sometimes mystical, and always poignant.

some quotes that prove my point

There's three things in this world that you need: Respect for all kinds of life, a nice bowel movement on a regular basis, and a navy blazer.
Having George W. Bush giving a lecture on business ethics is like having a leper give you a facial, it just doesn't work!

I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone.

The Second Amendment says we have the right to bear arms, not to bear artillery.

Do you think God gets stoned? I think so… look at the platypus.

You know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe; harmonic connection between all living beings, every where, even the stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment