093

093

Saturday, May 16, 2015

1992 poem

Sometimes,
It feels like nothing is wrong
I am
Whole and intact
Another flesh covered box
In a row of
Flesh covered boxes
Waving my fingers
Waiving my liberties
To corporate approved libertines
Do you mind if I kick this tin can?
Can you move a little to the left?
I think you're in my spot
Standing in the shadow of this week's Jesus
HALLELUJAH
Can you read the spiritual phrenology?
My soul kept tripping down the stairs
Until I lost it in the war
All that remains are the scrapes and bruises
Somebody hand me the rifle
Somebody hand me the bible
Sneak up behind me and yell "BOOM"
Sometimes
I can almost make it through the
Pledge of Allegiance
Sometimes
I hold my breath
Swallow my pride
Swallow my vomit
And pretend I'm relevant
I remember feeling really happy
The sun and rain bathing my face at the same moment
It's superfluous and fleeting
Everybody talks about the weather
But it just hangs there
Like a hanged man
A lost civil liberty
An escaped epiphany
Just another phantom limb


No comments:

Post a Comment