093

093

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Guilty Pleasures Month Day 22-You gotta have Faith

I am a one of those weird dudes who was stuck in his early teens in the early 80's.  It was a time of social change, social milestones, and social diseases.  Every Heterosexual Male in the world had been brainwashed by the media into a way of thinking that would, by today's standards, be unthinkable.  The TV had politely brainwashed us into thinking that Homosexuals were perverted serial killers who hang out at roller discos.

Sadly,this was the demise of any Hetero male that was at all artistic and hated professional sports.  It was the rise of the AIDS epidemic which only added fuel to the fire.

Musically...Heteros liked metal and Non-Heteros liked everyone else, especially if they wore lipstick and dressed like a girl.

Anything outside of the box was not allowed into the Middle Class Home, So admitting that you like Duran Duran brought your manhood into question, at least on the South Side of Chicago in 1982.  I know.  I was that kid.

That being said, I will admit that there are certain songs I like that made me a target, so I kept them to myself.
I will admit that these songs are of questionable taste, but by no means are they "Gay".  Music has no sexual orientation, not even the stereotypical show tunes.

So Ladies and Gentleman, a little George Michael.


I may have mentioned this before




Sexiest Saxophone Ever
and one Horrible Lyric


No comments:

Post a Comment