093

093

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Guilty Pleasures Month Day 6 (for my sister Kathy)



If you know me at all, you are aware that I am a man of deeply held opinions on what's good and what blows and sucks at the same time. This leads me to the topic of John Denver. As much as I hate to admit it, and as much as my sister is proud of this particular fact, I like John Denver.

As a kid who missed the 60's, John Denver was my gateway drug to Tom Paxton, Steve Goodman, and John Prine. I thank the Rocky Mountain Country Boy for introducing me to more offbeat performers of the folk community and introducing the world to Steve Martin.

I had originally intended to wait, and make John Denver day 27 or 28. but through the prodding of my sister, the same sister who introduced me to John Denver, I will post him today and leave the glory spots to lesser beings of guilty pleasuredom..

"The Box" is the first piece of poetry I ever performed on stage













No comments:

Post a Comment