093

093

Monday, October 20, 2008

The battle of the bands

Pre-game:
So I'm sitting here , getting ready to have a little dinner before I manic myself up for hosting duties at tonight's Waiting 4 the Bus. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and having some fun. It's a weird sort of fun. The kind you have when you sit in a room and share your poetry, and talk about poetry, and learn about poetry.
At the same time I'm apprehensive. With all the drama that's been flying around lately (phony e-mails and stuff.) I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. In my head it's a post-modern rumble between poets and "The Man". It's all set to music. I'm thinking something by The Who. Most things in my head are set to music.
These events may or may not happen. I'm hoping that it won't, but have to be prepared if it does. Isn't that just like me...living on the edge.
The Game:
The shoe never fell. A splendid time was had by all. Especially by non-competing band, Thunder Rain Infatuation. TRI considers themselves the House Band at Waiting 4 the Bus and refused to compete against any outside band.
the event itself was one rockin' good time and I'd like to do it again.

If you are involved in one of them there poetry bands, let me know. Maybe you can be on the bill next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment