093

093

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I miss the arts

When I was working, I used to make excuses as to why I didn't write. I was always too tired to so anything, at least that's what I told myself. Things that have popped up lately have stolen my time. Since the lay off...I have lots of time. Even the looking for work thing isn't as time consuming as work used to be. If you know me, you know what a wonderful time I've been having chasing my tail and keeping the bullets from hitting home.
I'm a writer. This means I'm supposed to write. I also take pictures. I haven't done either of these things ,seriously, in a while. I can feel the atrophy on the creative muscles. Sometimes it's just apathy. I'm not sure what it is today. I think I need to "take the phone off the hook and disappear for a while." I'm ashamed to say that's a Billy Joel quote.
I'm going to get some meditation medication and focus the brain. Sometimes we think a thing is broken and all we really need to do is change the batteries. This is what needs to be done, and what I intend to do. It's time for a spirit walk, a realignment of the inner me. I'll tell you how it goes.
stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment